Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Decisions Decisions

Usually, my big decisions for a day is what to make for dinner? Do I know that number on the caller id? Daily Show or Colbert Report? Well today, its a bit more of something then that.

Ya see, Miss Kittie has been off. I mean she has to be 15 years old by now, so of course she is going to be a little off. Plus, lets not forget the poor thing only has 3 legs, so the getting around happens less and less. But, we have been on the carousel of the vet over the last month, yet there does not seem to be much that can be done in general. She might have an infection in her teeth, but she is probably too old to risk any kind of surgery just for that, the whole anethesia thing. And last x-ray, the Vet saw a shadow on her chest, it could be something it could be nothing, but now of course I am noticing that the little princess seems to wheeze? So, two fold questions. First, can Cats catch there own kinds of colds? That could explain the whole wheezing thing since her blood work came back with no cancers, and I have heard that whole shadow thing before over my ownership.

And second and more importantly, if you knew something was wrong and there was nothing you could do about it, would you want to know about that something? Or would you just want to try and enjoy the time that you have without thinking, oh goodness this is the last Christmas, this is her last birthday, etc etc etc.

Oh and Im asking because we are headed back to the vet tonight supposedly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have a sick kitty...Poor thing. I hope you figure out what to do.

Good luck w. the interview.

I am a "dedicated reader".

Too lazy to commnet on all your posts. Sorry!

tiggerprr said...

Yes, kitties can catch their own sort of colds and respiratory infections, though not from the same virus or bacterias that ours come from. Sorry that Miss Kittie isn't feeling well.

If something is wrong, and you can't do anything, I'd want to know personally. Because I'd want to have answers to quality of life questions. It's tough, I've been there just last year with a cat I'd had for 15 years and loved like a child. I hope that you find the answers you hope for and that many purrrayers are heard.