Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #4


Thirteen Authors Sparkyreads faithfully


And One mention of a book they are known for, enjoy...

1.Mike Lupica-Amazon.com: Summer of '98. Sports books with humor.

2.Tony Kornheiser-Amazon.com: I'm Back for More Cash: A Tony Kornheiser Collection (Because You Can't Take Two Hundred Newspapers into the Bathroom). A editorialist and sports writer who now calls games on Monday Night football. Some laugh until you cry articles, and its not all about sports

3.Laurell K Hamilton-Amazon.com: Danse Macabre (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter)Books about Vampires and Fairies with a certain twisted view.

4.Kim Harrison-Amazon.com: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead. Books about witches and casting out spirits, yet almost like a mystery murder book as well.

5.Robert B Parker-Amazon.com: Early Autumn. Two of the best heroes in Mystery's, Spenser and Hawk

6.David Maraniss-Amazon.com: When Pride Still Mattered. The biographer of America

7.Al Franken-Amazon.com: Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot. Originally, he was just very funny, now he has become funny and truthful.

8.Darby Conley-Amazon.com: Say Cheesy: A Get Fuzzy Collection, Vol. 5. Cats in a Cartoon, enough said

9.Shakespeare-Ok, I didnt voluntarily read most of his works, but they werent that bad, even if force for educational purposes.

10.Michael Moore-Amazon.com: Stupid White Men: ...And Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!/a>. A little bit radical, but he does get a discussion going.

11.Patricia Cornwell-
Amazon.com: Body of Evidence. I first started reading them because she located her books around places my parents used to live, then they just became creepy good.

12.Jane Green-Amazon.com: To Have and To Hold: A NovelThe first chick lit author that i really liked.

13.Other authors that i should be reading more of:Sarah Vowell, Kristin Gore, Zoey Dean, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Anne Rice.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Patricia Cromwell's books. Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Best wishes to you! And great TT!!

K T Cat said...

The Tony Kornheiser book looks good. I'll have to go check it out.

Carmen said...

i am giving up reading for the fall to concentrate on WRITING the best book. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love to read too, but unfortunately, there never seems to be the free time. I envy you and your list!

Anonymous said...

I think you have a wonderful list of authors. Thanks for sharing them with us. I might try to read a book each from the authors you mentioned.

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Great list..IM always looking for good books

Colleen Gleason said...

Oooh...I love Kim Harrison! I hoarde her books and save them to read when I need something really good.

I've only read one LKH; it was good, but I try not to read too many vampire books for fear they'll "creep" into my own work.

Great blog! I'll be back.

Colleen Gleason said...

Oooh...I love Kim Harrison! I hoarde her books and save them to read when I need something really good.

I've only read one LKH; it was good, but I try not to read too many vampire books for fear they'll "creep" into my own work.

Great blog! I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Love Al Franken. Used to love Cornwell--but you know, then she killed off Benton and then he wasn't really dead and well it got weird...

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to read some Jane Green.

Thanks for the book recs-I always love discovering new authors :)

Measi said...

I love Kim Harrison's books, but oddly can't get into Laurell Hamilton's work. :) Thanks for stopping by my T13 a couple weeks ago. My new one's up!

Measi said...

I love Kim Harrison's books, but oddly can't get into Laurell Hamilton's work. :) Thanks for stopping by my T13 a couple weeks ago. My new one's up!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I like Laura Hamilton too. I'm a vampire junky :)

Happy TT

Southern Girl said...

I LOVE Darby Conley! Not only did he grow up in my orignal neck-of-the-woods, but "Get Fuzzy" is my favorite comic strip. I've known both a "Bucky" and a "Satchel." ;)

And I was a fan of Patricia Cornwell's earlier Kay Scarpetta books, but about halfway through the series, I thought she lost her head. *g*

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Scribbit said...

I'm so behind in my reading, maybe I'm spending too much time on the computer?

Anonymous said...

How come no Stephen King? I like LKH's Fae books better than Anita. Kim Harrison's books make me laugh.

We like a lot of the same stuff. Except sports, ick!