Sunday, February 24, 2008

Race for the Gold Dude

This time of year is a time full of predictions. Heck, March Madness is right around the corner, which means everyone get your pencils ready for the office pools. And while I do have a prediction in politics, I figure I should let it sit and wait until a post that someone may read.

Tonight its the Oscars. I can predict one thing that Mrs Duck & I agree on, Jon Stewart will do a capable job. It wont be stellar, but we will chortle.

Other than that, the Mrs and I dont agree too much when it comes to movies, so we had a little contest, Predict the Oscars. I will give you 12 predictions from her and 10 predictions from me, and you can laugh at one of us tomorrow.

Mrs Duck:

Original Screenplay: MICHAEL CLAYTON

2. Adapted Screenplay: NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

3.Original Score; THE KITE RUNNER

4.Makeup: PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN 3

5.Long Form Documentary: SICKO

6.Directing: THERE WILL BE BLOOD

7.Costume: ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE

8.Actress in a Supporting: SAOIRISE ROMAN ATONEMENT

9.Actor in a Supporting: JAVIER BARDEM NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

10.Actress Leading: ELLEN PAGE JUNO

11.Actor Leading: DANIEL DAY LEWIS THERE WILL BE BLOOD

12.Best Picture: THERE WILL BE BLOOD


Sparky Duck

1.Original Screenplay: JUNO

2.Adapted Screenplay: ATONEMENT

3.Original Score: MICHAEL CLAYTON

4.Makeup: PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN 3

5.Long Form Documentary: SICKO

6.Directing: THERE WILL BE BLOOD

7.Costume: LA VIE EN ROSE

8.Actress Supporting: CATE BLANCHETT IM NOT THERE

9.Actor Supporting: JAVIER BARDEM NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

10. Actress Leading: MARION COTILLARD LA VIE EN ROSE

11.Actor Leading: GEORGE CLOONEY MICHAEL CLAYTON

12. Best Picture: THERE WILL BE BLOOD

Let the debating begin....

3 comments:

Anthony said...

I can't say I agree with many of your choices. If Lewis doesn't win best actor, there should be a federal investigation.
My picks are on my blog.

The Coen's should win directing.

Christie O. said...

oh man i wish juno had won!! of course, that's the only oscar nominee i saw this year. but it was awesome! anyway, sorry i haven't been by in a while! i am back though (mr poopy has a new look).

Anonymous said...

Atonement was much better than I thought it would be.