Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Hotness #2

Ohh..the Duck and I are Slackers! Here it is Sunday and no hotness for you fine folks yet. Today we start off with the guys. And my second choice is Mr Movie Star Goth himself, Johnny Depp. Johnny is Goth in the old school, doing my thing, not really caring what others think of him kinda way. That and the handy Tim Burton association. So much attention these days is on Capt Jack (and rightly so as that is one great character) that it is easy to overlook some of his, shall we say, darker works.
His Willy Wonka was much more in tune with the book and not at all benign, Edward Scissorhands is the epitome of Gothic Outsider, Secret Window was a fine adaption of one of King's better stories.
The somewhat sleazy bookdealer to the devil in The Ninth Gate, providing voice work for Corpse Bride, the truly gothic Inspector Abberline of Jack the Ripper Fame in From Hell, and the upcoming murderous Sweeny Todd are all fine Goth flavored fare. And last but not least, his work as Ichabod Crane proved you could be pale and a scaredy cat...and still be damn hot!
PS...head to Oh Johnny for these and other, oh so very yummy pictures. Someone should buy that girl a drink for the service she provides!

Somehow I knew it was going to be a Johnny day. If you are going to be a slacker, better bring your A game around. And I have not been slacking, I just have been, yea um, hmm researching, yea thats it researching. Though I freely admit, that if I could not find some way to infuse the coolness of George Clooney into my body, I would take the smoldering look and quirkiness of Johnny Depp really quickly.

And all that work brings me to Rose McGowan. Now, Rose was a member of the Halliwell family, the 3, 4 or 5 Witches in the show CHARMED. It really depends on when you watched the show. And while for sheer sex appeal, the character Alyssa Milano played could have been considered sexiest, hottest, Rose McGowan's Paige would fit in nicely if we are going for Halloween/Goth hot! And she was smoking.

And then there was the Manson factor. I actually remember first knowing who Rose was thanks to the fact that she was dating the misunderstood, yet freaky looking Marilyn Manson. Manson has talent, but he still looks weird as hell, so it sort of dragged Miss McGowan into the freaky weird area as well.

Alright, that last picture is sorta freaking me out, lets end this on a good note.

22 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Well, is there anything more that can be said about the delightful yummy-ness that is Johnny Depp. I think not.

I gotta admit, I like Rose McGowan's ethereal looks, but I think she's much hotter as a brunette than a red-head. I know the snow white skin should go well with the auburn tresses, but it plays better with the dark, dark hair.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

What? You didn't dig up the picture of Rose in fishing line? Man, that was SOME dress. Wowza.

Wylie Kinson said...

Yeah - I'll have one Johnny to go.

Unknown said...

lovely post..he is yummy and I have not seen Edward yet

Tug said...

Starrlight - I bow to you for bringing me some Johnny.

WOW.

Twyla said...

Mmmmmm....Johnny.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Well I see the ladies are happy with the today's selection! Mr. Depp is very very hot.

And Sparky I totally agree with Rose McGowan. She has that total Betty Page vibe going and I agree with Desert that she is mucho hotter with dark hair. Not that Rose with red hair is anything to sniff at. She is another I'd ponder the switch for ;)

You know she was raised in a cult, right? Same one as River and Joaquin Phoenix. Children of God. So she was freaky before she hooked up with Mr. Warner aka Manson. Whom, for the record, I love. Even though he is not goth :P

Desert Songbird said...

I knew Rose was a cult child. That really explains sooooo much about her.

Rhian said...

mmmmmmmm - johnny. sigh.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yeah Desert and that is one very messed up cult when it comes to kids.

Unknown said...

OMG, how did I miss this Halloween hotness?! Well - I know how I did - ever since Google changed the Reader format I've hated reading blogs w/ Google Reader (I don't WANT things to change!). But that's irrelevant. I've missed sexy Halloween goth!

I am so sad.

The Gal Herself said...

Clooney and Depp coexist merrily in the motel that is my mind. I don't see why I must choose one or other. Funny you mentioned Secret Window. I believe Depp is the only man on earth who could make blond bedhead and a well worn bathrobe look just soooo hot.

Sparky Duck said...

Hey, Gal, you have not seen me in bedhead and a robe you know

Cinnamon Girl said...

So post a picture DuckMan :P

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh hey Sparky, did you read that the recorded the highest decibel level at Autzen ever last Saturday? It was louder than jet plane engines taking off!

Sparky Duck said...

Now I did not know that, though it was a state record in crowd for the state of Oregon, that I knew.

Anonymous said...

There was a guy at the Halloween dance dressed just like Edward Scissorhands. It was so cool and the guy was hot in his leathery pants. He looked just like Johnny Depp.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Rose is one smokin' lady...her association with Manson kinda creeps me out, but maybe enough time has past and i will allow her another chance at having me....

Cinnamon Girl said...

See MM is fine by me. He's actually quite amusing and pretty bright.

Oh and Rose is dating Rodgriguez now. The Grindhouse Director.

Sparky Duck said...

MM is truly misunderstood. Though still freaky looking.

Even though Rose was in Grindhouse, I still do not think it will bring me to actually see it

Cinnamon Girl said...

I saw it Sparks. LOVED it. But I dig splatter flicks too so the gore factor was a bonus for me.

Travis Cody said...

Me likey Rose!