Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blgthon 29.48 Interview with a Dragon

Dragon of Dragon's Kitchen is a cooking genius. Seriously, a cooking goddess. Plus, she is a blogging beast, just like yours truly. Though she is a Dragon, so if you try one of her recipes and don't like it, don't tell her. Dragon, please take the floor.

1.Anyway, you are one of the hardest people for me to interview because beyond your world class cooking skills, I really don't know too much about you. Give all of us some details?

Well, I'm a stunning Canadian/Portuguese brown eyed brunette with a long tail covered in sexy green scales. Besides cooking I enjoy movies, musical theatre, playing cards, needlework, spending time with my family & friends, long walks on the beach and scorching my enemies.
OK only some of that was true. I'll let you decide what is true and what isn't.

2.Are you really a ninja or do you just play one on TV?

My ninja training is still in progress and it is forbidden for me to discuss it with you non ninja types.

3.Say one good thing about Pirates

One good thing? Ok. Pirates don't cry when I kill them.

4.Your site is full of lots and lots of great recipes, do you come up with most of them on your own from scratch, or are they adaptations or both? Do you have a recipe your proud of?

All the recipes on my site are recipes I've tried over the years and have really enjoyed. These are the recipes that my friends and family keep asking for, so I created the site for them. The recipes beginning with "Dragon's..." are my own creations.

I'm proud of all my recipes but when I need comfort food, I go to my Dragon's Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Soup (http://dragonskitchensands.blogspot.com/2006/04/dragons-butternut-and-roasted-red.html) and my Dragon's Banana Blueberry Lemon muffins (http://dragonskitchendandb.blogspot.com/2006/10/dragons-banana-blueberry-lemon-muffins.html)

5.Have you ever considered cooking for a living?

I would love to go to culinary and pastry school! I still might do that. One of my dreams is to open up a little bakery and cafe.

6.Canada is not necessarily known for its culinary exploits. Is there anything that is stricly canadian in the kitchen, well besides Canadian Bacon?

A traditional Canadian dish is something called Poutine. It is basically fries covered with cheese and gravy; very delicious. We are also known for our wild salmon.

7.Since my theme for the blogathon is Philadelphia, I figure I should ask some Philly type questions. Have you ever visited the city of brotherly love?

Sadly, I haven't. But I would love to come for a visit! Could I stay with you? I'd make you and Mrs. Duck some poutine and a traditional Portuguese feast.

8.When you order your cheesteak, is it with whiz, without, or with cheese slices?

Definitely cheese slices and there better be sauted onions on that baby.
SD-Perfect answer by the way

9.How did you get yourself involved in the Monkey Barn?

I lost a bet. No, really, I did. You can read my story here. http://monkeybarn.blogspot.com/2007/04/monkey-barn-mythos-project-part-ii.html

10.Lindsay Lohan, poor victim of some crazy parents, to blame for her own troubles, or a combination of both?

Lindsay, Lindsay. At some point you have to grow up and take responsiblity for your own life.

11.anything else you want to mention or plug, now is your chance...

I went to see Hairspray last night with some friends. Loved it! Go see it!

5 comments:

HockeyKnight said...

Can I be interviewed? Those questions look like fun!

Anthony said...

Ugh - cheese slices and sauteed onions. That may be a cheesesteak, but it ain't a Philly cheesesteak!
:-)

Hyperion said...

Any form of onion ruins a sandwich, with the possible exception of small onion rings on some kind of Western Burger. (Usually with cheese, bacon, and barbecue sauce as well. Carl's Jr. used to make the best ones, as does Burger King once in a blue moon--though not as good, and Denny's has a decent version as well, though it's no Moons over My Hammy.)

But the onions? Gerrossssss. As are peppers and mushrooms, two other "staples" of most restaurant cheesesteak sandwiches. What IS good, actually futha-mucking awesome, in fact, are black and green olives, under the cheese and mixed with the meat, of course.

As for cheese, provolone is an inspired choice, but if you can swing it you should have a small amount of shredded provolone in with the meat (and olives), and then some sort of Swiss, preferably Ementhal or Guerre across the top.

Other than that, great interview, Dragon! Thanks for plugging Monkey Barn, and keep up the good work, Sparky! I heard you were doing this to raise money for gay baby seals. They need it!

Sparky Duck said...

Charming as always Hyperion, right up until the last moment. Though you know, I needed an idea for an International day, hmmmmm

Hyperion said...

Are you saying you have something AGAINST gay baby seals? Are you a rabid anti-mobile?

(btw; a mobile is a gay baby seal.)