Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #33-Yes Another Sports One


Thirteen Final Draft Picks


Yes, more sports, sue me. The NFL Draft was this past weekend. Almost all of you, in the United States at least, know that JaMarcus Russell was taken first by the Raiders, poor him. And some of you know about Ramzee Robinson, Mr Irrelevant, the final pick taken. He gets a free trip to the closest Disney World to his home. But, who gives the rest of them some recognition. Well, I do in this list, along with the 12 other guys picked before him.

1.Clark Harris TE Rutgers (never heard of him) taken by Green Bay
2.Jason Snelling FB University of Virginia (yep never heard of him) taken by Atlanta
3.Marcus Hamilton CB UVA (yes I have heard of him, but I think I saw him intercept a pass against Duke, and I could probably do that) taken by Tampa Bay
4.Ken Darby FB Alabama (didn't he sing the song "Wishing Well"?) taken by Tampa Bay
5.Mike Elgin C Iowa (yep never heard of him, but most people don't know offensive lineman) taken by New England
6.Keith Jackson DT Alabama (I know Wooah Nelly Keith Jackson) by St Louis
7.Derek Stanley WR Wisconsin Whitewater (I never even heard of the school) taken by St Louis
8.Ahmad Bradshaw RB Marshall (Yeaaa!!! I have heard of him) taken by the Giants
9.Chad Nkang S Elon (Elon plays football?) taken by Jacksonville
10.Andrew Carnahan OT Arizona State (Hey, I have seen him play football in person) taken by Jacksonville
11.Nedu Nduwke S Notre Dame (I can't even pronounce his name) taken by Cincinnati
12.Jonathan Holland WR La Tech (Im not even sure Wordnerd knows this one) taken by Oakland
13.Ramzee Robinson CB Alabama (Mr Irrelevant!) taken by Detroit

I know you feel more informed now






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





24 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the Pats smarten up this year. I'm really excited for this season to start. I hope I'll get to see more games than I did last year.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

OK, I feel mildly more informed now! We watched some of it and checked online for our team's picks (none of the ones you listed here). I agree about poor JeMarcus Russeel. I'm not a Raiders fan but hey, he's got to be better than Aaron Brooks. Ugh. I'm so glad we (N.O.) got rid of him and got Brees.

I didn't know that about the last pick and Disney. Interesting trivia :)

Desert Songbird said...

#11 - pronounced "En-DO-kway (or en-DUKE-way)."

Just thought you'd want to know!

Denise Patrick said...

Except for occasionally wondering who's playing in the Super Bowl, I pay almost no attention to football - although I do watch college football occasionally.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I didn't recognize any of them either. Hope the dude ATL got helps them get their act together!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Dude, you've made my head spin with all this!

Happy TT!

Tilly Greene said...

Terrence Trent D'arby sang Wishing Well...and do we have a bet that, unfortunately, none of these guys will make it through preseaon or to the bench in September?

L^2 said...

I don't really watch football, except the occasional college game, but I do feel more informed now.
Thanks for visiting my list. :-)

Darla said...

It's almost like learning a foreign language....

I'm taking notes so I can pretend to know what I'm talking about in conversations: "Robinson? Bah. Mister Irrelevant. Now Keith Jackson...wooah Nelly!" I'll keep it brief, and nobody will ever know I'm faking it. Thanks bunches! :)

Anonymous said...

Okaaayyy! Happy Thursday! I wish I could say how wonderful these picks are but I can't. Clueless, here!

Chelle said...

Never heard of any of them. But, then again, I don't follow football much. I bet my Dad has heard of all of them, though.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi! I'm a participant in Amy's Scavengerhunt. I hope you don't mind that I entered you as my #2(Participant who participates in memes) answer for today.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a real big sports fan, but anyone from Arizona State has got to be really good!

Happy Thursday!

Rhian said...

oooh - i have hot off the presses SPORTS trivia for you Sparks! Found out yesterday that GA Southern University football team lost their ENTIRE freshman lineup!

GASP! Okay. I'm not sure what the HELL that means... but hubby says it's big news and may have never happened in college ball before. Don't know what THAT means either - but i do know it looks like my oldest may be a starter (this is good, right?) and may get a scholarship for his senior year (I KNOW that is good.)

Anonymous said...

I think that LSU having FOUR first-rounders is quite blogworthy, mister. I'm sure you could come up with thirteen reasons why, huh?

C'mon...I triple dog dare ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I admit it. NFL football bores me. CFL, on the other hand, makes me very happy ;) I watch one college football game religiously - the Army/Navy game - and that's a throwback to when I was in uni and used to know some of the Navy players...

Stephanie said...

Yeah...I was a sad day for Brady Quinn. I AM a Notre Dame fan, and it was just almost embarassing wathcing it. The poor guy handled things with class. It would suck to have all those reporters keep asking....Gee, Brady, how does it feel not to be picked!

JAM said...

Wuhoo! Yeah, Baby! Let's hear it for Jonathan Holland from Louisiana Tech! (That's where I got my edumacation.)

Hey, Ahmad Bradshaw sounds like some wierd love child between...

Dane Bramage said...

I fell informed. I thought they only picked one guy :-)

Thanks for visiting my 13 Classy Insults list.

Jenny McB said...

We were waiting for some UNH guys to get drafted, it's so rare that New England colleges get in "the game".

Go Patriots!
Thanks for stopping by1

Valtool said...

There were a few notable not-picked that were signed later in the week. Among those, from GA Tech, KaMichael Hall to Tennessee and the big Samoan Joseph Anoai to Minnesota. it'll be a little cold for the big guy up there, but they will feed him well.

My question, since Miami traded Harrington to Atlanta, which Atlanta QB gets released, and what does Miami do for a QB this year?

Anthony said...

Hmmm ... No Chargers? I admit to not really knowing much about most of the players (even the first-rounders), although I did see Russell a lot and I think he's the real deal. Time will tell.

Mostly, I just look at positions to see where teams think they need help. Apparently, San Diego thinks its at WR and LB, and the Eagles think it's QB.

Ramzee Robinson is the coolest name on the list, though!

Carmen said...

look at all those uva players. ;)

Twyla said...

Sports...almost as bad as me talking about facebook. See I did it again...I threw the word facebook in. It just can't be helped. Sorry. :-P